LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to create folders within NI MAX to group global channels?

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to create folders within NI MAX --> Data Neighborhood --> NI_DAQmx Global Virtual Channels to group the global channels? We are using individual laptops to connect to up to 5 different NI-UBS devices. Therefore, we have the same physical channels (ai00, ai01..) but from different devices and the Virtual Channels section on NI-Max become messy and over crowded with around 12 channels per device. The same with the Scales section as we have one scale per channel.

Thank you,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,542 Views)

Hi Laura,

with 5×12=60 channels and the same amount of scales I would use a simple text/INI/spreadsheet file to hold all definitions and use some simple LabVIEW/DAQmx code to create the channels/DAQmx tasks…

@Lorache wrote:

We are using individual laptops to connect to up to 5 different NI-UBS devices. Therefore, we have the same…

As you are working in a group using the same code and DAQmx definitions you surely use some SCC tools to sync your code base?

Then it will be even easier to use the same routine to handle the task/channel definitions across all computers…

Hint: you could select the channels from a file based on the serial number (or their type when they are different) of your DAQmx devices!

(I know that is not the answer to your question.)

(AFAIK you can also define DAQmx tasks/channels within the LabVIEW project, so you can store settings independent from MAX. Never used this feature so far.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,528 Views)