LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible search all the files in one folder and get list all with the same extension.??

Hi,

I would like to get, if it is possible, do searching in one determinate folder and get all the files with the same extension, For example, Give the *.pou and get all the files on one list of the files in this folder and sub-folders...
If it is possible i would like to see any example.

Thanks a lot, Fonsi.
Message 1 of 9
(18,378 Views)
The regular List Files will do that for a single folder and if you want to search sub-folders at the same time OpenG has a List directory Recursive function.
Message 2 of 9
(18,371 Views)
In the File I/O->Advanced File Functions you can find the "List Directory" function. You only need to feed in Directory Path and Pattern

Paolo
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 3 of 9
(18,367 Views)
@Pincpanter

Thanks for your help!, but i wanted search in the sub-folders...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(18,348 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I got your advise, I download the openG (i had problems, and downloading directly and install one to one).

Ok, i got but i have one problem, which i can't solve. I entry the promt  to search and put the directory to save, later i push 'Do it' and it search the files, show the paths and number, then save in the folder and finally show the window , all ok!.

The problem is with the target path, when i want use the browse, it doesnt run properly. I want select one carpet, and it demands one file, i dont understand why??, i changed the options browse but it didnt work. Also i would like when i put one path if folder doesnt exist, directly create it and save the files, if exist copy it.

Thanks for all!. I attached the file in lv 7.1

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(18,348 Views)

Thanks unclebump, but i have had problems with the browse option, i want select directory but it only permit select any file....

Any help?.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(18,336 Views)
Try one of these options. The select current directory button in the lower right corner, or the existing directory option.
Message 8 of 9
(18,332 Views)

Hi Unclebump,

Thanks very much, i didnt check this bottom ok! all work well.

Regards, Fonsi.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(18,316 Views)