LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is lvbitx file included in my rtexe application

In my code running on an RT computer, I use the vi  "Open FPGA VI reference" to load the lvbitx file to the FPGA.

When I build this app, the bitfile is copied to the data folder of the "build" folder.

To run this built application on the RT computer, I normally copy all the files generated during the build, including the lvbitx file. But is it really needed? In other words, does my built application (r.texe) contains this bitfile ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,055 Views)

Hi Gwyom,

why do you "copy all the files"? Why don't you distribute the RTEXE using the build specs context menu?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,050 Views)

The built files are sent to customer which don't run labview, so it has to be done by copying the files and adjusting the rt.ini file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,047 Views)

Hi Gwyom,

ok…

When I build a RTEXE LV creates a build folder, which does NOT contain any lvbitx file. It keeps only the RTEXE file (with some additional smaller files). And yes, my RTEXE also uses the FPGA.

So why do you think you need to copy the lvbitx file when it isn't included in the build folder?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,043 Views)

When I build this app, the bitfile lvbitx is copied to the "support directory", which in my case is named "data". I've always assumed that it is needed as it is copied there. But it sounds like i was wrong. Can you confirm that ?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,036 Views)

Hi Gwyom,

no, in my RTEXE Build folders I cannot find any lvbitx files. I checked several of them…

Btw. I don't use the ScanEngine nor the Hybrid mode. Maybe it relates to them?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,026 Views)