From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use multiple serial connections over bluetooth?

Hi,

I´m currently investigating if it is possible to make more than one simultaneous serial connection over bluetooth in labview? If not possible in Labview, can it be done in any other way? The idea is to connect several Nonin 4100 pulse oximeters to the same laptop and record the signals from each oximeter. The specification for the oximeter can be found here:

en.nonin.com/documents/4100%20Specifications.pdf

Regards,

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,718 Views)

Hi Danny

Im definately not an expert on BT but if you look at the functions provided by NI you can see that on the Bluetooth open connection you just wire the adress to the BT device you want to connect to, perhaps is just that simple to just have multiple threads with several open connection functions.

If I were you I would test this on, for instance, two regular BT phones to just see that you don't get an error when trying to connect to several devices at the same time.

Regards

Bjorn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,693 Views)

I also found this, hope it wont limit your application:

"LabVIEW supports Bluetooth devices that use the Microsoft Bluetooth driver on Windows XP Service Pack 1 or later only. Refer to the Microsoft Web site for Bluetooth devices that support the Microsoft Bluetooth driver. Most Bluetooth devices use a proprietary Bluetooth driver by default. To use the device with LabVIEW, you must switch to the Microsoft Bluetooth driver. On Windows XP Service Pack 1, you must obtain the Microsoft Bluetooth driver CD from the manufacturer of the device to switch drivers. On Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, the Microsoft Bluetooth driver is already installed"

/Bjorn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,691 Views)

Thanks! I will try your approach and see what I will be able to achieve

Regards,

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,675 Views)