From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to take a labview application and compile it to run on an embedded processor?

Hi

I was wondering if anybody out there knows if it is possible to take a labVIEW application and compile it to run on an embedded processor (e.g. ARM7)?

If so does anybody know what the required capability of the target processor is (i.e. RAM, ROM etc.) and what tools I need.

Many thanks

Ash
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,486 Views)
Ash,

There is also another option for processors like the ARM7.  You can load a PDA OS on it and use the LabVIEW PDA toolkit.  The LabVIEW PDA toolkit is MUCH easier to use and is quite a bit less expensive.  You will have the problem of getting the OS correctly configured, but in the long run, it may still be cheaper and easier.  I use it quite a bit with my Dell Axim X51v which has this processor and Windows Mobile 5.  There are still problems to work out, but not nearly what there are with LabVIEW Embedded.

If you want to go the LabVIEW Embedded route and you need some help, let us know on this forum.  There are several of us that have experience and can help to guide you.

Hope that this helps,
Bob Young

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,462 Views)