LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to specify a starting FILE for the browse button dialog?

I realize I can specify a starting directory/folder PATH for the dialog window that opens when the Browse Button for a file path control is clicked. 

Is there also a way to programatically preset the "File Name" field in the window that pops up?    (for LV v7.1.1)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,277 Views)
I cant find a way to do it with the Path control.  I know it is possible using the File Dialog vi in File I/o> Advanced.

Not sure if you can have the user select a folder and then add in the file name afterwards, using property nodes

Good luck.

Kenny
Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,270 Views)
I could not find a way to do this even with the advanced file dialog. I did come up with a way to do this using .NET. Feel free to use it or not. I coded this up as a proof of concept so it does need more work. You could also code in to set your own favorites.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,256 Views)
You could use a normal path control (without browse button), a browse button boolean control, openg has one. And use a value change event (in that way you can force user to use the dialog). In the event case you can use a browse function where you can set a filename.

Ton

Edit: I am not totally sure for 7.1...

Message Edited by TonP on 12-15-2006 05:30 PM

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,252 Views)

@Jhoskins wrote:
I could not find a way to do this even with the advanced file dialog.
Hmmm... the file dialog has a "default name" input that seems to work just fine for this purpose.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,239 Views)
(DOOH):smileyvery-happy: Sometimes I over complicate my life. I guess I just looked over it.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,235 Views)

It worked for me ;    The "Default Name" will be your starting FILE...

AutoFileDialog.gif

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,606 Views)

@Joe_H wrote:

I could not find a way to do this even with the advanced file dialog. I did come up with a way to do this using .NET. Feel free to use it or not. I coded this up as a proof of concept so it does need more work. You could also code in to set your own favorites.

It just reminds me the Rube Goldberg code

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,598 Views)