LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to setup a bootable environment for a USB-6212 application written in LabVIEW?

I have an application that uses a USB-6212 and involves both motion control and DAQ functions.  I would like to create a bootable external hard drive that has the compiled program, LabVIEW runtime and DAQ all installed and stable under some version of Windows.  I am having a lot of configuration hassels whenever someone runs into a snag on an older machine, that is back several versions or when I need to install a test station and the new computer has a Windows 7 where there isn't a version of DAQ traditional.  Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,063 Views)

Hey hsb,

What you want to do is build an Installer. During this build, you will have to include all Run Time Engines, and any other driver you need to get your USB to work. Windows 7 does not technically have support for Traditional DAQ, but you can give this Beta version a try. I know it says Vista on there, but it has also shown to work with Windows 7.

Once you have an installer made, when you run it on any test station, or new computer, it should run fine for you. Traditional DAQ is very tricky now. Are you sure you cannot use DAQmx?

Please let me know if these suggestions work for you.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ricky

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,048 Views)