LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to install Labview onto an external SSD?

I need LabVIEW, among other software, for a university assignment but do not have the internal storage space available. Typically I would just go into the library and use the computers there but due to covid-19 i am not able to do this.

would it be possible to download labVIEW onto a external SSD so that i can use it on my laptop? I would rather not have to purchase a new computer for a better storage space if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,108 Views)

DISCLAIMER: NI writes the End Use License Agreements and the information below is not official. 

The EULA for an academic site license appears to support installing LabVIEW on a SSD.  That being said.  There is a distinct difference between:

• Installing LabVIEW onto a SSD and moving the SSD to a second computer target
  • Installing LabVIEW on your target at a location located on your external SSD.
  • Downloading the LabVIEW installer to a SSD

The first is likely not appropriate in any case.  The second should be OK as long as a valid license key can be obtained (see your site license manager / VLM for a home use license key)   The last is always fine.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,057 Views)

Hi, my intention was the second one.

Thank you for your response, hopefully it will be fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,053 Views)