LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Similar button available in Labview Pallette or should i make customized one?

Hi power,

classic palette -> simple rectangular button. Then apply colors as needed.

(When you need the shadow you will need to customize the button…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(826 Views)

DMC's GUI Suite has some of those under buttons and radiobuttons.

https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/tools-network/download.gui-suite.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
- Lord Kelvin
Message 3 of 7
(759 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(739 Views)

The DMC GUI Suite is excellent, but I see performance issues when a front panel containing these controls is open.

For example this FP (with no code except the buttons):

DMC FP.png

When FP is open:

DMC CPU FP Open.png

When the FP is Minimized:

DMC CPU FP Minimized.png

Tested on LabVIEW 2018 32 bit running natively and LabVIEW 2018 64 bit running in a VM.

This CPU usage doesn't make sense to me. It would be nice if others could verify this issue.

I ended up creating a few of my own buttons which didn't have this problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(725 Views)

Hi Steve,

@stevem181 wrote:

This CPU usage doesn't make sense to me. It would be nice if others could verify this issue.

I don't see this behaviour on LV2019/i7-12800H: it stays at <2% CPU no matter the frontpanel  is open/minimized/maximized…

(The "2%" is with lots of background tools/services on this business laptop due to company IT management.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(701 Views)

Also don't see increased CPU usage with this VI on my PC (LabVIEW 2023Q3 x64/Win10).

But I have another question. Just curious - which control was used as template for this button with rounded corners? Usually when graphic is inserted as picture items, then the radius of the corners will be resized together with control, but in this case it keep the shape, for example, compared with Classic Control:

Screenshot 2023-09-13 08.52.34.png

And this is the button with six states:

Andrey_Dmitriev_0-1694588250098.png

How to create such customized control step by step from the scratch?

Message 7 of 7
(682 Views)