LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke node error "Full Memory"

Hello LabVIEW enthusiasts,

I'm woking on a data acquisition system to acquire data from a milling process. Inside LabVIEW I'm using some invoke nodes. Unfortunately they give the error "Memory full" after acquiring a specific amount of samples. This amount of samples until the error occures depends on the number of invoke nodes I'm using (depends on the number of variables I want to acquire).

Those invoke nodes are located in a while loop. Every execution of the loop reads one variable from the machine. I'm closing the reference of the invoke nodes after acquiring the number of samples I need, but the error occures fist.

Is there a way to reset the memory of an invoke node inside my loop?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Unfortunately I can't share the VI with you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,183 Views)

Hi ZMK,

the question is: why do you need Invoke nodes at all?

Please attach your VI for more detailed suggestions!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,155 Views)
-How you are acquiring data?
-what method you are using in invoke node to get data?
-are you building these data by indexing to while loop?
-are there any indicators/graphs/charts present in your vi?
-how do you know memory is full because of invoke node ?
-can you profile and tell which is taking memory by using : http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9515BF080191A32086256D670069AB68
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,147 Views)

@ZMK16 wrote:

Please let me know if you need more information.

Unfortunately I can't share the VI with you. 

Well, we really don't know what you are doing (but it seems strange to many of us).  Don't "share the VI" with us -- instead, create a new one (or copy the old one), remove the irrelevant details, simplify it, and leave the elements (Change the Names to Protect the Innocent) that matter intact.  Post this "example" VI and we'll at least understand the problem, and may be able to make suggestions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,121 Views)