From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Password Protection for LabVIEW

Do I need to have the Internet Toolkit to enable a user id and password screen before opening a web page on a browser? I would like it open to anyone who requests to view and/or control it over the web but only after they have entered a password.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,704 Views)
Yes. I recommend starting the http server and pointing your browser to your IP. This should launch a web page that discusses the Internet Toolkit and gives you several examples of password protection.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,703 Views)

I´ve tried to modify those examples.

But I couldn´t make a front panel secure to publish on the Web.

Is there any other example/text where I can get more explanation of doing this security system?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,551 Views)
Hey vivai,
    Are you using remote front panels or just webpages from the internet toolkit? 

For remote front panels, here are a couple of useful links:
KnowledgeBase 34FIIMFQ: Password Protecting a Remote Front Panel in LabVIEW
KnowledgeBase 3NAFTLOA: Can I Password Protect a Remote Front Panel using the G Web Server?

As for using passwords with the Internet Toolkit, here's another discussion forum post that talks about that ability.

I hope these help!!  If they don't, please let us know.

Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,522 Views)
I´ve done!
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,492 Views)