From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent issues with Matlab Script in LV2012

I'm having some intermittent issues with the Matlab Script in LV2012.  I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and my Matlab is 2013 64-bit.  I've tried the suggestion here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8BEBC0C86541224286257AF300561B5E

I tried this but it didn't work for me. 

I've also looked at this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2B3FF46C8512C4F786256CF30071BE53?OpenDocument

In one of my .vi's if I change 2 of the 3 input variables to the complex type, it works.  It seems to be insensitive to the data type of the first input variable.  In another .vi this trick doesn't work at all.  The fix given in the link is to update the .dll, but this seems to be old news as the .dll in my directory is newer than the one referenced in this link.

The other funny thing is these scripts worked fine on Friday afternoon, but were throwing this error this morning.  I've closed and reloaded both Labview and Matlab, but that didn't fix the issue.

Are there any new fixes for this issue that I haven't been able to find?

Thanks,

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,385 Views)

Hey Doug

Can you post the vi that is having trouble?
Do you have another computer to test out the vis on?
I want to check if there could be an installation error on this computer causing the active x component that we use in LabVIEW to talk to MatLab to fail.

That second link you posted is only for LabVIEW Version 7.1.
What changed between Friday and today. Was any other software installed/uninstalled? Are you using an administrative account on this computer?

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,363 Views)

Kyle,

Can I send you the .vi directly?  It has some sensitive stuff I wouldn't want to post on a public message board.  I do still have an NI service contract if that helps.  My Matlab Script also calls a .m file I've written, which calls other .m files, so it would be a mess to send you everything.

I could test this on a different computer, but I'm not sure how much that would tell us since it worked fine on this computer on Friday. 
There were no changes I made to the computer since Friday, but I never know what the company is doing to it in the background.  I do use an account with admin privileges.

Another interesting thing I noticed was that, in one of my .vi's, if I change the content of the MATLAB script itself, it changes the behavior of the program.  Specifically, if I add two lines of comments, it works.  If I take those two lines of comments away, it doesn't work.  This has been repeatable in this .vi thus far.

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,355 Views)

Doug,

If you have a service contract feel free to call in to the support line and you'll be able to work with someone on the phone. That'll be the quickest way to resolution.

Feel free to send me a PM if you wish and I can take a look at the code and test it on our machine. 

Notes for Branch AE:
Please reply to This Post within 24 hours
The US AE is expected to reply to all of your posts within 24 hours. Having this expectation will keep the escalation moving quickly and toward a fast resolution.

You can also use other communication channels: Phone, Skype, etc. to discuss the issue with the US AE. This can help with troubleshooting and quick diagnosis of the issue.

Click here to provide kudos for a post on this page
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,347 Views)

Doug,

If you have a service contract feel free to call in to the support line and you'll be able to work with someone on the phone. That'll be the quickest way to resolution.

Make sure you don't have any unclosed comments or functions calls that haven't been close. 

Feel free to send me a PM if you wish and I can take a look at the code and test it on our machine. 

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,342 Views)