LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Error 42 System Exec.Vi on cRIO-9040

I have several cRIO's in the field that I am having intermittent issues when calling the SystemExec.vi.

I have seen the error occur before, but I haven't spent much time troubleshooting as my program normally logs and clears the error and then continues on. However, this past weekend I had two instances occur (On separate cRIOs) that caused bigger problems in my program. In both cases the error was logged, but the program did not continue on as it should. The errors that I got were running two different processes, and after the error, both those processes/loops did not continue as they should have. As far as I can tell the rest of the processes/loops kept executing as they should have in the program. Also, once I restarted both cRIOs and they are both running fine.

The commands I am sending to the SystemExec.vi are below with the actual names/IP addr removed.
ping server.com -c 1 -w 1

scp /u/Temp/Info.png ServerName@IPAddr:www/Info.png

This is what I get in my error log from both cRIOs (message is different for the scp command):
System Exec.vi. Command was "ping server.com -c 1 -w 1"
Error Code: 42
Occurence Time: 10102020_041612

The VI that I am using to ping came from here (Real-Time_Ping LV2015): https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/Ping-Network-Device-and-Retreive-IP-Address/ta-p/3536737

I'm not sure what would be causing this error to occur intermittently, any ideas, suggestions or log files to create to see what is going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(756 Views)