LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing to a DJI Phanton 2 Vision drone

Hi everyone!

The idea is to use a DJI Phanton 2 Vision drone live camera or at least send the GPS coordinates and let the autopilot fly it there but I can't find to much information about it or how to do it. Has anyone done this before?

Looking at the resources in the DJI there are a few tools like the GPS exporter, a google earth plugin and the Ground Station. Can this resources be used directy into labview?. I haven't got the drone yet, but I'll be using it with the 2.4G link.

I just need some fingers to point me into the right direction and not be looking for something I don't know. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,379 Views)

What communication protocols has the DJI Phanton 2 Vision drone?

Best Regards.

David P.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,321 Views)

Unfortunately no, I don't know what comunications protocols it uses and we don't have the drone at our hands yet. All we have access for now is the software provided by DJI in their website: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,279 Views)

Hello ,

I was wondering if it worked with you or not , because I would like to do the same for a project and yet didn't order the Drone .

and also if you have any idea worked with MATLab or not . 

Please help .

Thanks .

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,990 Views)

@Hanan93 wrote:

and also if you have any idea worked with MATLab or not . 

Since this is the LabVIEW forum, you should probably ask your Matlab parts of the question elsewhere for better results. 😉

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,976 Views)

ok what about the labView ??

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,959 Views)

LabVIEW is a general purpose programming language, it can interface to hardware through Serial, TCP/IP, UDP, through .NET libraries etc. etc. so I'm almost certain it can interface with the drone.

BUT... you need to know what communication methods the drone has and find some information about the protocol they are using. I haven't seen anything about a LabVIEW library that interfaces with the drone that someone has written that would do it for you so you'll need to do it yourself and you'll need to do some digging to find that information.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,926 Views)

Our project was dismissed right before we bought the drone. We went for a full size domotic implementation in a friend's house, the drone project would had been cheaper though.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,905 Views)

Fo reference: There are existing example for similar projects, for example have a look at the AR.Drone libraries.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,898 Views)

Thank you .

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,840 Views)