From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing stepper motor with LabVIEW

I am doing a project in which i have to use stepper motors. I control these motors using labview. When i started to find about how to inetrface and control stepper motors using labview, i got two solutions. One solution is using DAQ and another one is using Arduino. I am curious that is there any other way to interface stepper motor with LabVIEW without so called Arduino and DAQ.? If not, then which one is more precise of controlling siepper motor, Arduino or DAQ?  If yes please specify. 

Thanks in advance!!Smiley Wink

Best Regards,
Dhans 😉
Kudos are welcome 😉
Aspirant Labview Programmer (Labview 14) 😉
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,383 Views)
Hi Hans,

you can ist dedicated stepper motor drivers...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,359 Views)

Hi, Gerd

What do you mean by 'you can ist dedicated stepper motor drivers...' . Could you please elaborate?

Best Regards,
Dhans 😉
Kudos are welcome 😉
Aspirant Labview Programmer (Labview 14) 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,351 Views)

Hi Hans,

I meant "use a dedicated stepper motor driver"… (The last message was written using my mobile.)

For steppers you can get (hardware) drivers, which can be controlled by some control signals!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,330 Views)

i just asked my local sales representative a similar question. I would recommend looking at this page: http://www.ni.com/motion/

I think, but have not confirmed, you will need around $2700 of software and hardware to easily control a simple stepper motor.

• SoftMotion Module ($1999) with NI-Motion Drivers
  • NI 9501 stepper drive module ($495)
  • NI DC Stepper Motor Drives: SMD-7610, SMD-7611, & SMD-7612 ($200)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,118 Views)