LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing LabView with DASGIP

I'm looking for a way to communicate the DAGSIP (bioreactors system from Eppendorf) with LabView, but can't find any manual. The equipment catalog 2018/2019 clearly says that it is possible, but I didn't succeed to find any, manual or guidelines (commands description, etc.) on how to organize it.

Could you point me to the manuals? Does such a document exist at all? Any existing drivers for LabView?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,233 Views)

@YePererva wrote:

The equipment catalog 2018/2019 clearly says that it is possible

I took a quick glance at it (it's 200 Pages 😯) and could not find such a statement. Why should they? It would be cutting into their own sales of software and computer equipment. The control software seems to allow remote control, though.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,209 Views)

On page 108 it states that you need to have the DASware connect module in addition to all the other DASware components your setup uses, in order to interface to 3rd party systems including Matlab and LabVIEW.

DASware® connect, OPC server (OPC DA for ext. PCS), for 1 vessel 76DWCON

This is almost certainly a module that you have to explicitly purchase and then you will probably get documentation about how to access it. And it seems to be based on OPC DA, so you will also need the LabVIEW OPC DA Client Toolkit.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,193 Views)

So, in a nutshell, it means there is no easy way to do it without additional purchases from Eppendorf. Right?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,162 Views)

@YePererva  ha escrito:

So, in a nutshell, it means there is no easy way to do it without additional purchases from Eppendorf. Right?

At least not documented ones. And I know nothing more about those products than from a cursory glance through that manual, so don’t expect anything from me.

And you need the OPC DA Toolkit from NI too.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,153 Views)

Sad. I hoped there is an easy option to control reactors via existing COM ports without any additional software.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,145 Views)