LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive quiz between multiple devices

I am quite new to Labview, so I'd need some help with the following topic: I want to create an interactive quiz between different devices. I'd want my computer to be "master", and let other devices allow them to join this network. In this way, I am able to request data from these devices (answers to the given questions). What is the most common used way to connect multiple devices with each other on Labview, and how is it possible to request data from these devices?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,078 Views)

Look in Help >> Find Examples for TCP/IP client and server examples.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,039 Views)

@Robin_H wrote:

I am quite new to Labview, so I'd need some help with the following topic: I want to create an interactive quiz between different devices. I'd want my computer to be "master", and let other devices allow them to join this network. In this way, I am able to request data from these devices (answers to the given questions). What is the most common used way to connect multiple devices with each other on Labview, and how is it possible to request data from these devices?

This seems like a rather large undertaking when you are quite new to LabVIEW. I would recommend first trying to get this working on a single machine, then deal with the TCP/IP as RavensFan suggested.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,027 Views)

I've done a lot of research and it would be perfect for me to create a web service which is available to multiple clients. The only problem is that I don't know how to publish the webpage so other people can visit it too. Eitherway, if that is possible, how would I know what client is responding to my "quiz"? (IP?)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,018 Views)