LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intensity Graph

Hello everyone, 

I'm working on my senior design project, I have two encoders to give X and Y positions and analog input to give voltage measurements. 

Im trying to plot intensity graph which I did but I need to define the size of the intensity graph.

the size should be defined by the user, please find attached the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,838 Views)

What exactly are you expecting to see on the intensity graph? Current code just shows 3 columns (x, y, count) and and an intensity graph seem not the right thing for that kind of data.

If you want to do a 2D histogram, you would initialize a 2D array of sufficient size, then increment values of the 2D array according to the x and y indices obtained from scaling the x and y values as desired. (old example. Instead of +1, you would add your z value)

(Note that your code has race conditions due to overuse of local variables. For example you a reading "Y counter" via a local variable and writing to the terminal of "Y counter"in parallel. There is no telling what occurs first, but the outcome critically depends on the order. All your local variables could be replaced by wires, eliminating all these blatant race conditions.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,805 Views)