LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intensity Graph with timestamp in X-axis

Hi,

How can I insert  this array of timestamp format on the X axis, as a function of the numerical array on the Y axis on Intensity Graph?

Thank you very much,

Thalys 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,429 Views)

Use a "To DBL" conversion bullet from the Numeric >> Conversion palette.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,420 Views)

You do realize, don't you, that for an Intensity Graph, you need a Z value for every X-Y pair of numbers, right?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,419 Views)

@Bob_Schor  escreveu:

You do realize, don't you, that for an Intensity Graph, you need a Z value for every X-Y pair of numbers, right?

Bob Schor

I saw that way to do an intensity graph... https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/X-Y-Z-plotting-on-intensity-chart/td-p/2416698

But in my case, I collect data from a server in numeric and timestamp format.

Example:

Position 1 of numeric array (5)  occured in function of Position 1 of Timestamp Array (01/04/2019)..

So I need to make a graph that shows how many times the numerical data (array of number) appeared in a period of time (array of timestamp). That's why I chose a Intensity Chart. Do you understand?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,399 Views)

I tried.. but nothing appears in Intensity Graph..

@RavensFan  escreveu:

Use a "To DBL" conversion bullet from the Numeric >> Conversion palette.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,398 Views)

That solved your original problem of a broken wire.

If you attach an actual VI rather than a screenshot, we could run your code and help you debug it further.

Actually I see a bigger problem.  You X array is time data.  That is the number of seconds since 1/1/1904 midnight GMT.  That means billions of seconds.  Your 2-D array is only 20 elements by 20 elements.  Guess that happens when you tried to replace an element at the 4 billionth or so index on an array that has only 20 elements?

Did you read Bob's message? What are your timestamps supposed to represent?  And do you have enough repeated values so that you have a 2-D spread of points to graph rather than just a series of X,Y pairs.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,386 Views)