LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intensity Chart confused when changing number of samples

My application uses an Intensity Chart in strip chart fashion, adding one column of data points per cycle. Sometimes the user, while configuring an experiment, may change the number of data points per cycle. This of course changes the Y scale on the chart. Autoscale handles that without difficulty. But the intensity chart display sometimes doesn't. Let's say the user changed the number of data points per cycle from A to B, B > A. Some fraction of the time, after the change, the intensity chart will display only A many points in the column, leaving the upper portion of the column black.

It seems to be a "bad state" thing. While the chart is in a good state,you can change the number of data points and things keep on working fine. But once it gets in a bad state, it stays that way, and the number of data points it will actually display is the smallest number of data points per cycle that it has ever dealt with, once it got in the bad state. Clearing the data history will not get it out of the bad state. Only stopping and restarting the program will.

Is this issue known? Has anyone found a way to work around it?

Thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,002 Views)

Hi Ken,

Thanks for using the NI Forums. Intermittent issues are always the fun ones! In order to help me fully understand the issue, would you be able to post some screen shots of what you are seeing (maybe one when it is working properly and one when it didn't)? That will just help me frame the issue so we can figure this out!

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Dan T.

Dan T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,982 Views)