LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Google Maps Streetview in LabVIEW

Hello,

Can Google Streetview be integrated and viewed in a LabVIEW VI? I have location coordinates along with heading information and was wondering if I could use LabVIEW to depict that together in a VI.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,780 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,773 Views)

Thanks. I came across this code, but this shows the sky view (view from the top) plot. I was wondering if streetview can be added to the VI based on heading information.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,736 Views)

Okay, I read the requirement for Google Streetview API and so far, there is no such thing as a Static Streetview API (similar to Static Map API that is out there) as of now.

Streetview is based on Adobe Flash and LabVIEW can integrate flash through ActiveX.

I came across this simple example at: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/examples/streetview-simple.html and the source code behind it is attached.

Now, I can create similar code using LabVIEW (with begin/end tag etc). But, I am not sure how I can really integrate that code to get a webpage address that could be embedded in FrontPanel ActiveX control.

Comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,694 Views)

Hello,

I found out a way to make this work (till some form of static streetview API is available). The source html file (along with the java script) can be passed as a local htm file to the URL input of the iWebBrowser2 and viola...

Once the location related parameters are specified, street view would work like a charm. Although this would return something only if Street View images exist (e.g. public places, major streets etc.)

Happy mapping!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,595 Views)

Hi 

see here map in labview

M.Garousi
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,649 Views)