LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instron error code

I use an Instron 8801 with NI GPIB card and a main component of the software called WaveMatrix in which you make and run tests throws an error code "File Error #10020 Value cannot be null Parameter name: value" whenever I try to save a test method. Has anyone seen this before? I am wondering if it may be GPIB related. Instron claims they do not know what this code is and it may be due to some permissions settings on my computer and not their sofware. This is the admin account and should be able to save any files so its not a permissions issue. The software will run a preinstalled method file and save test data, it throws the same error before running the test but I'm assuming because it is trying to save the method file. DAX has no issues saving test files only this software. The software will save methods on another PC I have running an Instron 1331 with an older GPIB card with no errors.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,913 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried communicating with the device through MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer)? This could rule out the device and card as the issue. A guide is shown here:

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/instrumentcontrol/gpibconnect.htm

Also, you may want to consider posting in the alternative NI thread Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI) as they would have more members which would be familiar with your type of issue.

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,872 Views)