From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing third party dll and vi's

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm working with Keyence instruments a lot these days and they have .dll's and example code for labview.  I'm not sure how to install them so that they appear in my block diagram menu.

Does anyone know how to do this?  I've went through the mass compile steps and it completes the activity however nothing shows up in the menus.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,481 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author coolhandLV7

If you put a folder into the "Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 201X\instr.lib" folder then any VIs in it show up the "Instrument I/O --> Instr drivers" section of the palette.  If you find a fully written set of LabVIEW drivers and put them in there, that's an easy way to get started.

As for DLLs, there's a different method depending on whether they are "classic" DLLs or .NET DLLs.  Do you know which you have?  Either way you often need to browse to them on disk, instead of them showing up automatically.  

Message 2 of 4
(2,477 Views)

CoolhandLV7:

Just curious- what Keyence products are you using?

Can you supply links to their LabVIEW examples?

I use quite a few different systems of theirs.

Thanks

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,470 Views)

Well that was easy, thanks.

Here is the link that i got from the rep...  

https://www.keyence.com/support/user/measure/

Message 4 of 4
(2,445 Views)