LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer: subsequently exchange files or copy files

Hello,

I have a LV application which will used from different users in different configurations.

Up to now I always have to build a new installation when the config and sample files are changed before the CDs will delivered.

Now I´m looking for way to copy the config & sample files from a separate directory of the installation CD (not part of the LV project) to a specific directory on the PC (during the installation or at the first start of the LV application).

In the configuration of the NI Installer I don´t find a way to do this.

In my LV application I don´t have the information, where the installer source directory (f.e.  😧 ...) is located.

Does anybody have a idea how to configure the NI Installer to copy the files?

or

How I can get the information of the Installer source directory in my LV application?

Best regards,

jan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,125 Views)

Write a batch file which does the copying.  Put the batch file in your project (you may not have to do this -- I do, but it might not be necessary).  Configure your installer to run the batch file after your installation, as shown below.  Check the "run executable at end of installation" and input the path to the batch file.  The batch file will execute after the rest of your installation is complete.

add batch file.png

Hope that's helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,106 Views)

Hello DianeS,

a batch file can do this job (or an other little program) but my problen is,

that I don´t have the information, where the installer source directory (f.e.  😧 ...) is located.

I have looked inside the registry but I did not find it.

I want to put the config & sample files (which shoud be copied) on the same media as the installer (a CD or a USB drive or any other directory on the PC).

jan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,086 Views)

It should be there, though you might have to search for it. Have you looked in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders? There's a key there for the various folders, and one of them should correspond to your application's installation directory.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,080 Views)