LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer build issue LV2010

Hello All,

After installing DAQmx 9.8 with my LV2010 installation I can no longer build an installer, I can however build an executable.  I removed LV2010 but not everything unfortunatly and reinstalled LV2010 with original device drivers distrubution DVD on my PXI-1042Q with a PXI-8106 Win7 64bit controller and still get the identical "Build Errors" message:

I loaded the _edit.log file and searched for "Edit code -30" and there is not and error in the log as per instructions from this link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/8E5E6C58C625B88A8625786A005B21E0?OpenDocument

Any ideas?  PLEASE SEE ERROR LOG BELOW

CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_InitializeDistribution.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFConfig_SetDistributionLanguage.vi

Loading product deployment information

*** Error: Improper function call or command line argument. (Error code -30)
*** Error Details:
Error in MDF API function: _MDFConfig_SetDistributionLanguage
The MDF does not have support for distribution language LANGID 9.
*** End Error Report

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,159 Views)

It sounds like you re-installed LabVIEW 2010 after DAQmx was installed on your computer. This can cause errors.

You may want to make sure you install DAQmx drivers after your LabVIEW 2010. (Re-install DAQmx)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,126 Views)

It is most likely that I will need to edit the registry to solve this problem since as I mentioned in my original email I uninstalled LV and reinstalled it with the original DVDs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,118 Views)