LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer - Adding DAQmx wants Field Point 5.0 Disk

I tried to make an installer last night and couldn't because when I add DAQmx (I think 8.3) to the additional installers it prompts me to insert my FieldPoint 5.0 disk.  There is no option to change where it gets the file from.  Why is it asking me for FieldPoint when I am trying to create and installer with DAQmx?  More important, how do I fix this?

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,904 Views)
DAQmx was originally loaded from Device Drivers Disks
Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,894 Views)
What is likely going on is that when you installed the contents of your Fieldpoint CD, there was a particular driver installed that is included in both Fieldpoint and DAQmx.  In your case the version on Fieldpoint is newer than the one on DAQmx.  That's why it is asking for that CD.

This KB goes into more detail.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/C3666BA408F81E59862570D20056E692?OpenDocument

I believe the solution is to either copy the contents of your FP CD to your HDD and change the source location as suggested in the KB, or install the latest version of DAQmx so that the newest drivers are referenced from there rather than the Fieldpoint CD.

Trey B
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,868 Views)

I GIVE UP!  I have tried to reinstall drivers from the May 2007 Distribution received this week.  I have removed DAQmx, NI Serial, and FieldPoint from my system and did a complete reinstall.  I have tried to build with only DAQmx or NI Serial and they BOTH prompt for the FieldPoint disk.  I even tried to remove the installer cache files so it will go back to the CDs for the Additional Installers.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\ProductCache

Nothing works!  How do I make this system happy?  I can build code but if I add an additional installer it wants the FieldPoint Disk.  There should be no dependencies because I removed and reinstalled all of the features I am trying to add in additional installers.  There is no FieldPoint code in my software.

I have at least 3 hours invested and still doesn’t work,

Matt

Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,846 Views)
This is a known issue.  Are you able to copy the Fieldpoint part of the distribution CD and point to that folder with the Installer Source location field of My Installer Properties>>Additional Installers section?  That may be the best work around rather than inserting a CD every time.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,817 Views)

Trey,

Thanks for the response.  What a pain.  Spent many hours trying to figure this one out.  I have not been able to make it happy.  I uninstalled FieldPoint and reinstalled from Device Drivers Disk.  It is unhappy and can't seem to find the FieldPoint SW on these disk.  Any suggestions?

Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,811 Views)
So "\Products\NI-FieldPoint_Host" on the second disc isn't working?

Then I would try to use the online installer:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/0759E398021B85F5862571CC0071C8E1

And if LabVIEW doesn't like that, then you could try installing the Fieldpoint online installer in hopes that it would then reference that installer for whatever dependency is causing this issue, and then point to a local copy of the installer for your additional installers source.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,804 Views)

"\Products\NI-FieldPoint_Host" does not work and I have pointed it to that specific directory several times.  Just ignores it and continues to prompt for FieldPoint disk.

Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,802 Views)
Where did the Fieldpoint software, if there was any, originate from?

Have you tried the online installer?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,785 Views)
Finally got it to build.  Uninstalled version from May 2007 CDs and used the WEB download version.  I have to point it to the directory because it was still looking for it on the CD.  The original version came from the CD that comes with FieldPoint but uninstalled that version and replaced with one from May 2007.  It just couldn't fnd it.
Matthew Fitzsimons

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,764 Views)