LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of required drivers on target device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm sure I used to know the answer to this but I'm drawing a blank.

What is the easiest way to install the required software/drivers on a target PC (which is not the PC I developed on)? Am I correct in saying that if I build an installer for my application, this should automatically include the required drivers? If so, should I install before or after adding the PXIe cards to the controller chassis?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,746 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ToeCutter

Yup, the installer is the way to go. You can include additional installers to include with the installation package. You can also include MAX configurations with the install for if you've set up tasks for device information there.

I would suggest installing the cards first, though I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 4
(2,732 Views)
The more recent versions of LabVIEW will try to automatically include the additional installers needed but you should know that if you dynamically calling VIs it might miss some.
Message 3 of 4
(2,724 Views)

Thanks guys- both useful answers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,716 Views)