LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install of Report Generation Toolkit without Microsoft Office previously installed.

After installing "LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office Version 1.1.3" on a computer without Microsoft Office I noticed that the Report Generation VI palette does not include the "Excel & Word" specific VI's, even though I have "Excel & Word" installed. Is there any way to "activate" those VI's without installing "Microsoft Office?" If the answer is no and I do install "Microsoft Office" will those VI's become available on the Report Generation VI palette? Or will a reinstall of the "LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office Version 1.1.3" be required?

Message Edited by St. Pete SAIC on 06-17-2009 08:01 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,407 Views)

St. Pete SAIC wrote:

After installing "LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office Version 1.1.3" on a computer without Microsoft Office I noticed that the Report Generation VI palette does not include the "Excel & Word" specific VI's, even though I have "Excel & Word" installed. Is there any way to "activate" those VI's without installing "Microsoft Office?" If the answer is no and I do install "Microsoft Office" will those VI's become available on the Report Generation VI palette? Or will a reinstall of the "LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office Version 1.1.3" be required?

Message Edited by St. Pete SAIC on 06-17-2009 08:01 PM

OK any question?  Install the specific Office version and if that doesn't change the registery keys that NI is depending on reinstall the LV Add-on.  Of course NI, software tool-kits check registered software!  Why install a "for Office" package that is unusable or (worse from a litigation point) includes functionality for unlicensed or pirated "Office" installations.  Again- "*xx For (R) Office xx*"  means they have gone through some licensing agreement.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,394 Views)

St. Pete SAIC wrote:

After installing "LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office Version 1.1.3" on a computer without Microsoft Office I noticed that the Report Generation VI palette does not include the "Excel & Word" specific VI's, even though I have "Excel & Word" installed.

Do you mean to say that you have installed MS Excel & MS Word alone without installing the whole MS Office suite?

If you have done so, I think LV also will install the RG toolkit VIs properly.

Else, maybe you can try installing the whole MS Office suite & then try the reinstallation of the RG toolkit.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,378 Views)