LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install fail based on OS detected

LV 2018 exe installer is failing based on Windows 7 SP 1 + being required for installation (an option inside the installer).

The actual OS of the PC which the customer is trying to install onto is Windows 10 Enterprise.

Issues?  Fixes?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,648 Views)

I would really like to hope this isn't the case, but I am wondering if this outcome is based on a string comparison on "OS: Detailed Name"

If they are compared as strings, 1 is less than 7.

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,619 Views)

Hi battler,

Can you provide a screenshot of the fail message so we can look into it.

Jiwhan S.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,592 Views)

Is he trying to (a) install LabVIEW or (b) an exe built with the LabVIEW 2018 install builder? (Sorry, your post is not 100% clear).

(A) should not happen.

(B) When building an installer, the OS requirements can be set, so it is a matter of rebuilding it with this requirement removed.

(EDIT: Sorry, I was posting by phone earlier. The options always include "or later", so that's not it. What if you allow all?).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,589 Views)

Error_1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,560 Views)

I don't know that you can accept all OS.  I think LV 2018 isn't compatible with earlier editions of Windows than 7 such as XP.

See image attached.  Is there a workaround without rebuilding the exe or installer?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,559 Views)

But if you don't try to install it on older versions of Windows, then who cares that it can't be installed on older versions?

Right now you are trying to figure out if there is a way around your current problem of installing on Win10.

And you really haven't clarified Altenbach's question of what you are installing.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,551 Views)

Your picture is to blurry to read. Do you have a 1:1 version?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,524 Views)

The picture is from the customer.  I can't ask them for a better copy sorry.

It shows a LV installation error stating Windows 7 SP or later is required.  Also shown are the System details showing Windows 10 Enterprise.

1.  Can we disable the requirement in the exe ini or installer ini file settings rather than having to rebuild?

2.  Does anyone know whether a LV 2018 exe can be build without a minimum OS requirement?

3.  Can NI tell me if these is a known error?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,480 Views)

This is the result of an installer you built, correct?

Can you open up the build specs and post screenshots of the "Additional installers" and "Advanced" tabs?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,474 Views)