cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install LabVIEW 2015 on Ubuntu 18.04

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to install LabVIEW-2015-RTE-15.0.0.2 on my 64-bit Linux desktop running Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS.  I was provided with all the installation files from Mercury Systems when I bought one of their 3U RFSoCs.  I have been trying to follow the directions exactly how they mention, but I am still having trouble getting the software running properly on my system.

I understand that I cannot run .rpm files on my Ubuntu, so I installed alien to convert those files to .deb files.  After that, I installed the .deb files but do not see where the files are installed to, nor am I able to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the installation files because I don't know where it is getting "installed" to.  

I have included a few screenshots: the one labeled "LabVIEW_Install_Files" shows all of the files that I was given when I acquired the RFSoC, the one labeled "LabVIEW_Error" shows that liblvrt.so.15.0 cannot be found in the library, and the one labeled "INSTALL_Error" shows the error I get when I just try to run the ./INSTALL function that is provided within the folder.

I hope I explained this in a clear enough way, but if there are any questions or concerns, please let me know!

Thanks a bunch for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(817 Views)

The earliest supported version of Ubuntu 18.04 is LabVIEW 2021 SP1. You should install a supported version. Using a non-supported version does not guarantee that there will be no issue with the installation and the usage, even if the installation works,

LabVIEW and Linux OS Compatibility

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(806 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SI2_Tech

Before 2020 LabVIEW had no official support to be  installed on Ubuntu at all. It could be made to work with alian and often making sure certain helper libraries were installed in the right version but every version of LaBVIEW and Ubuntu had its own little peculiarities.

Linux is not as simple to create easy to use installers that work across multiple distributions and their versions!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(770 Views)