From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Error - LabVIEW 2015 - Win 7

I'm attempting to install an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 2015, while waiting for our purchased version to arrive. 

I was handed a laptop that my boss was attempting to install the evaluation version of LabVIEW. He told me had some initial issues trying to install and run the software. I believe he was able to install the software, but it would not run for some reason. He uninstalled the program and then LabVIEW would not install anymore. I'm not sure what he actually did during the previous attempts to install the software before giving me the computer. 

The current installation error that I am getting is:

NI LabVIEW 2015 (64-bit)

"You have a different language edition of LabVIEW 2015 already installed. You must uninstall that edition before you can install the English version" 

It appears that any previous version or this version was removed from the hard drive. There are no options to remove the labview software using add/remove through the Control panel. A quick peek through the Windows Registry do not show any obvious entries. Rebooting the computer did nothing. 

Any advice of how to proceed? 

Computer Specs:

Windows 7, 64 bit

Intel i7, M620 @ 2.67 GHz

8 GB Ram 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,680 Views)

Hey Tim,

When you uninstalled the program, I'm assuming you did this through the Windows Programs And Features utility? 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D

I know that seems obvious, but you never know!

When LabVIEW was first installed, did you run through your evaluation trial period?

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,640 Views)

@RahRahMirez wrote:

Hey Tim,

When you uninstalled the program, I'm assuming you did this through the Windows Programs And Features utility? 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D

I know that seems obvious, but you never know!

When LabVIEW was first installed, did you run through your evaluation trial period?

If it is still listed there, you can try a repair and then uninstall it the right way.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,635 Views)

Assuming that you can get the older version of LabVIEW (which appears may have been "deleted" instead of being "uninstalled", which is a Really Bad Thing, but one that can always be fixed by reformatting the hard drive of the Laptop, re-installing Windows, reinstalling all the other software, and then reinstalling the appropriate version of LabVIEW), I would raise the question "Why are you installing 64-bit LabVIEW?".  There are situations where you need the humongous memory space afforded by 64 bits, but there are "pieces missing" in LabVIEW 64-bit (a Web search should clarify this).

I believe I am correct in saying the vast majority of LabVIEW installations are of LabVIEW 32-bit.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,602 Views)

Have you tried keying in the SN to activate your evaluation version? I've usually had good luck doing that.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,571 Views)

@winterishere8 wrote:

Have you tried keying in the SN to activate your evaluation version? I've usually had good luck doing that.

You've had luck activating software that isn't installed? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,553 Views)

RahRahMirez: I didn't install or install the evaulation program. I was handed the laptop and was told to try to fix the issue. I believe the program was unistalled using appropriate means. The evaluation software was installed last week wednesday evening. I was told it was not running properly or weird, or something like that. I don't know what the issue was. We hadn't even attempted to use the software before things went weird. 

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,508 Views)

The next step I would try is force reinstalling the software through the command window. Here's a document that covers how to do that:

http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/webPreview/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79?OpenDocument

-Will

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,474 Views)

Hello Will,

It looks like you are a new Application Engineer working on the forums, and you've fallen into the same trap other AE's have fallen into.

Just to let you know.  Your link doesn't work.  While you can see the ae.natinst.com website, no one outside of NI can see it.  Try clicking on that link from your home PC.

You'll need to find the webpath to that same document that exists on the public NI webserver and post it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,463 Views)

WillyWad: I have already tried to do the force reinstall from the command line using the instructions from the link below. I still get the same error. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79

I now have a LabVIEW serial number and opened a support ticket yesterday (Monday, Feb 8). Hopefully with tech support I can solve this issue. If we can solve it without formatting the hard drive, I'll post the solution here. 

Tim 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,441 Views)