LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert into specific column of 2d array

In my application, I am trying to develop a 2D Array with specific information based on the input results from an array of global channels. I need to create individual tasks to acquire data based on the individual pxi slots that do not allow multiple cards running in the same task. What I am working on is logic that would read each individual global channel that I want to acquire through a for loop, find the channel's card and then create an array for each case of cards. Then I want to take those multiple arrays of channels and insert them into a column of the 2D array, in which I will index out inside another sub vi. I am having a problem creating the 2D Array. The channels are not lining up in the columns that I expect them too. Attached is a pic of the block diagram that shows how far I got with this. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,958 Views)

One thing I see is that you are index by row and inserting by column.  That would have some wierd effects on your array.  That might be your problem.

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,945 Views)

Your VI makes no sense at all.

You know how big the array will be from the array size of the autiondexing array, so initialize the shift register with the final size array, then use replace array subset to place the correct data in the proper locations.

Why are you constantly coercing between references and strings. Very confusing. What does the subVI do?

Can we start simple instead? Create a small demo VI containing an input array of strings (having useful default data), then tell us what the 2D output array should look like.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,927 Views)

hi... i am trying to do the same but i am having the 2D array of data when first time if i clicked in table it should show the the first row values and if i again clicked same value should show in the second row and so on... but insted in my code if clicked (using insert into array ) at a time it is showing two rows of the data pl help me ..........

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,858 Views)

@9677670421 wrote:

hi... i am trying to do the same but i am having the 2D array of data when first time if i clicked in table it should show the the first row values and if i again clicked same value should show in the second row and so on... but insted in my code if clicked (using insert into array ) at a time it is showing two rows of the data pl help me ..........

This seems to be a different problem, so you should have started a new thread instead.

Can you show us your code, tell us what you are clicking, tell us what you get and what you expect to get instead. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,850 Views)

ya please see my code and if i clicked the read button at first time , table or array indicator have to show the value of selected cell in the first row, and if i clicked again same selected data have to show in the second row ,

is it possible

if it is possible please help me...

Thanks in advance

Regards

jjr

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,832 Views)

You are only showing a picture of a fragment of your code. We cannot troubleshoot that!

Please attach the actual VI and make sure the table contains some typical data as default.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,812 Views)