LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input range for different channels

Hi,

In one of my experiments, the data I acquire in different channels have different magnitudes (in Volts). Therefore, I am trying to set a different input range to these various channels. Here's a picture (input_range.png) of a part of my VI where I am trying to assign input ranges to the analog input channels.

Channels ai0-7 have the range +/-200mV and channels ai8-15 have +/-500V. I do not have the equipment with me at the moment, so I can't test this. But I am wondering whether this is how you would normally set different input ranges for different channels or whether there's a better way to do this.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,411 Views)
Hi imperial-…,
you can also use a for loop to set the values. Connect an array for your values and channles and use autoindexing.
Mike
Message 2 of 5
(2,407 Views)
Thanks for the quick reply Mike.

I found the following post which showed me how to do it

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=318492&query.id=74076#M318492

However, I am having difficulties in actually acheiving this. Firstly, I don't know how to set up the arrays as he's done there. Secondly, I could not get the auto-indexing to work. I've attached a pic of my attempt. When I try to enable auto-indexing on the right-hand side of the for-loop it breaks the wires and I can't even enable auto-indexing on the left hand side.

Will it be possible to attach a VI for this part so I can see what functions you've used.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,389 Views)
Hi imperial-…,
make only the inputs auto-indexing. To change the outputs back, right click on the tunnel and switch to tunnel. If you want to use auto-indexing you have to connect an array as input. Create first your array and connect it then to your for loop, then auto-indexing is set as default.
Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 06-05-2008 03:32 PM
Message 4 of 5
(2,380 Views)
Well you can't auto-index the inputs because you are not inputting an array and if you auto-index the outputs, you cannot pass an array of tasks to the next function. You want to auto-index an array of inputs for channels, ranges, and terminal configurations and you want to use a shift register for the task and error out or don't use auto-indexing on these.
Message 5 of 5
(2,376 Views)