LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialize Session.vi using Runtime Engine

I have a vi that uses Initialize Session.vi to get the temperature back from a PXI rack, this all works fine using the development environment but when i try and use the Runtime Engine my vi will not load into TestStand saying that the vi is broken or it can't find a subvi. I am using TestStand & LabView 2013 with the appropriate Runtime Engines installed.

This is my full vi to get temperature.

Chassis Temperature.png

I have narrowed down the problem by stripping out everything until i have this.

Initialize Session.png

Does anyone know what if anything i am doing wrong.

Thanks for the help.

Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,468 Views)

Hi Wayne

Is the computer with the development system the same computer as the one with the run-time engine and teststand?

If not you need to remember to install NI system configuration on the test PC as well. That might explain the missing libraries.

/Anders

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,452 Views)

Yes, it is the same PC. I wanted to make sure that my project would run using the Runtime Engine before i removed the Development Environment.

Wayne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,447 Views)

Hi Wayne

I investigated this error and I can replicate it on my PC as well.

Seems that the System Configuration API uses som VI's in the VI.lib folder that it can't access when using the run-time engine.

The solution I found that worker was to include the nessasary dependencies from VI'lib with my VI. The best method for doing this is to use a Source Distribution. I've included a document that describe how to to this. Please note that it talks about the MathScript Node, in this case it is the same for the System Configuration API.

Error 17600 When TestStand Code Module Uses a MathScript Node with LabVIEW Run-time Engine

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ECC10F48CD289A3D86257B4F00696114?OpenDocument

Summery: If you instead of loading in a VI to TestStnad loads in a LLB that also contains the dependencies required by the System Configuration API it should work (it did for me).

Best Regards

Anders Rohde

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,421 Views)