From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial values for FPGA Memory using custom controls

Is there a specific reason why the function for "Initial Values" is not supported when the datatype of an FPGA Memory item is set to "custom"?

2017-07-25 18_14_51-Memory Properties.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,279 Views)

Hi Intaris,

sounds to me, that your question or possibly your implied suggestion to change this, would be better suited in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange.

The why could only be answered by R&D and I wonder, what is to gain from such a statement.

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,242 Views)

No such implication.  Purely a search for information.  I'm weird like that.  When I ask for action or scream for change I like to be informed first.  If I don't have the information or the means to get that information directly, I defer to others who may be able to help me out.  I thought posting in the Forum might help me get that information.

So this is to be gained by a why from R&D : information.  This information could theoretically then lead to an informed request on the Idea Exchange.  There are enough rubbish requests on the Idea Exchange (some from me I will admit) that I don't want to pollute it with nonsensical requests if there are some technical reasons making it highly unlikely it will ever be considered.

Plus the addition of knowledge is generally a worthwhile endeavour.

So does an R&D member exist who might be able to spend 10 seconds of their time stating whether the reason this feature does not exist is technical in nature (and as some bonus information mention whether the technicalities are in the LabVIEW or Xilinx domain) or whether it's just not high on priorities and has thus simply never been implemented?

Message 3 of 3
(2,239 Views)