LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial MAX Issues

I'm just getting back to LabVIEW and hoping to connect to a cDAQ 9139.  I'm using MAX to do this, and I can find the system via Remote Systems, but can't find it in Network Devices, by either searching for it, entering in the IP or the hostname.  I can ping it, and find it by putting the address into Internet Explorer.  Does this matter, is there any functionality that I would be missing when connecting as a Remote System?

My other issue is that when I create a virtual cDAQ, I can see the signals stream using MAX.  I can't seem to do this connecting to the true cDAQ.  Should I be able to do this?

Thank you for any help,

Wil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,048 Views)

I'm not aware of any differences whether it's connected as a Remote System or a Network Device. You can change the IP address of a cDAQ chassis, and I'm guessing your chassis is on a different subnet which is why it's showing up as a remote system.

When you say you see the signals stream with a virtual cDAQ but not your physical one, you mean, if you go to one of the cards in the physical chassis, and you open up the Test Panels, you're not seeing any incoming data at all? Or you're just getting a floating/noise signal and not real data from your sensors? What steps did you take to see the signal from your physical cDAQ?

CLAD, LV2013, LV2015
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,017 Views)