LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Not Saved In Cluster

Hi,

I'm trying to record some data from analog input.  I recently took the Labview Core1 course and have been trying to apply some of the lessons they have given to me.

One of them was to always use a state machine when possible

I'm trying to do simple Analog Input at this moment, which I can do outside the state machine just fine, but which I want to implement within a state machine as an exerscise.  

I'm finding that DAQmx is throwing an error at me saying that I never specific a physical channel.  However, I do specify a channel and throw it in a cluster (another thing I was taught to use at every opportunity), however, that information is not maintained in the cluster

I currently have 3 states:  "start" where the user should input the channel and press START, "Initialize" where a filepath is asked for, and "SaveData" where the actual Acquire occurs.   I may expand on this (with a 'record data' state), but for now i'm taking it a step at a time.  

Anyways, when I probe the cluster, it seems to lose the contents even though I'm using a shift register.  Can anyone help me (see attached images) with understanding why nothing is passing into my DAQmx AI Voltage function?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,944 Views)

On the left side of your while loop you have a tunnel on top of the shift register. Delete the tunnel and connect the shift register instead.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,938 Views)