LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicator setup

Hello all,

I have built a vending machine for a project at school and I only have one part left. Connecting indicators to display the total dollars, quarters, dimes, and nickels the user will receive back. The issue I am having with the number indicator is setting the range and intervals. Is it possible to do our should I use something else to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,210 Views)

Its definitely possible with numeric controls, post the code or snippet if you need further help.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,208 Views)

Ok, here are some screeen shots of my Block Diagram and when I go into the setting of the four indicators on the far right. I have not wired them in yet due to trying to set the parameters first, please let me know what my next step should be to modify the indicator 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,206 Views)

Indicators don't have ranges and intervals, only controls.  Because a user can't enter data into an indicator, there is no reason to limit them to a particular range or interval.

I think you are really looking for something different then you are asking for.  It seems to me you want to  take an amount of many and break it down into the amount of each type of coin to give back.  If that is the case, you should look at the quotient and remainder function.  It will give you the amount of whole values you get when you divide one number in another, and also give the remainder.

I don't know why you are using a Fixed Point datatype for two of your indicators.  They should be Doubles as well.

PS:  "Nickels".  For a school project, it will likely help your grade if the spelling is correct.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,181 Views)

Hello jhatf008,

Here is an example code that might help you

Soda Vending Machine

Regards,

Miriam
Field Applications Engineer
NI Colombia
CLD
0 Kudos