From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicator as control (iterationio counter as index number)

It depends on what the heck this routine is supposed to do?  You keep changing the inputs and outputs of the routine so there are different solutions.  My impression was that you wanted to test each byte of the array.  If you want the bytes to be separate this would do it.  If you want them in an array it isn't.

You can simplify it by pulling down on the index array and creating 8 index inputs.  You only need to wire the top one.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(573 Views)

@sth wrote:

It depends on what the heck this routine is supposed to do?  You keep changing the inputs and outputs of the routine so there are different solutions.  My impression was that you wanted to test each byte of the array.  If you want the bytes to be separate this would do it.  If you want them in an array it isn't.

You can simplify it by pulling down on the index array and creating 8 index inputs.  You only need to wire the top one.

You don't even need to wire the top index since it defaults to 0.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(572 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

You don't even need to wire the top index since it defaults to 0.

One step at a time....  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(559 Views)

Hi there,

For me as a totally fresh guy it is quie hard to imagine about what exaclu you talking, so is it possible that some of you will your idea in block diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(537 Views)

Exactly.  You need to review the basics so that you can understand the help.  Spend some time with the tutorials.

Here are the two versions we were talking about.  The top splits the array into 8 outputs that are elements.  The bottom does an iteration and can process each byte of the array.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(524 Views)

sth,

Your picture failed.  I don't know how you tried to include it.  Be sure to attach it to your message, then edit your message and use the 3rd optioni on the Embed Picture dialog to inser the picture based on "3rd party" website which is the properties of the recently attached file.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(515 Views)

sth could you add that picture correctly so i can see it?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(502 Views)

I just pasted it into the message.  All that great Lithium software shows it fine in my message.  Like this.

However the problem is that LV puts any cut and paste on the clipboard as a TIFF which seems to work in edit mode but not when I post it.   So here it is as a JPEG.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(494 Views)

Both images show for me just fine.  Still problems?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(493 Views)

No, it doesn't show up.

Are you using the embed picture button on the editor toolbar?

What browser are you using?

The properties of the image are "webkit-fake-url://AC1C7D53-13A3-4B45-B74F-D7A1BB425B15/image.tiff"

I have no idea what a webkit-fake-url is supposed to be.

Just attach your image as a file to your message.

You can't "just paste" an image into the editor.  You can probably see it because the image is cached on your PC.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(489 Views)