LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly Slow LabVIEW Installer

Hi All,

I'm trying to installa custom application that I built with LabVIEW 2011 to an older PC. (1.6ghz windows xp). The installer contains additional installers for the 2011 run-time engine and the distributed system manager. My issue is that running the installer on these older machines takes HOURS. I've been sitting here for about 1.5 hours and the installer is about 60% done. I've disabled SSE2 optimization and copied the installer from the usb disk to the hard drive before running it, but neither have seemed to make a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do to speed up these installs or what might be slowing them down?

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,235 Views)

I've found such installers do take a long time on older machines (up to an hour).... but one culprit that might be slowing you down is a virus scanner or similar. Temporarily disabling its run-time protection might give a boost.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,226 Views)

I've found that network connection sometimes slow it down, so you can also disconnect it while installing and see if it helps.

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,199 Views)

Another likely issue is a very large or possibly corrupted MSI database. The installers use the MSI engine, so if you have an old machine that hasn't been cleaned up in ages, then it's likely the MSI database has simply gotten out of hand.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,187 Views)