From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include Labview Runtime Dependencies in Linux Build

Hello,

Is there a way to include the labview runtime dependencies in a linux build so that labview runtime does not have to be installed manually on any computer that wants to run the executable software?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,718 Views)
The LabVIEW runtime has been a separate install ever since about version 5 or 5.1. That is for all OS's. So, the answer is no.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,710 Views)

Keenan, 

Perhaps I may be misinterpreting your question and Dennis' response.. So please correct me if I am wrong. But are you asking if there is a way to include the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine into your Application Installer from your executable? 

If so, then yes, this is possible. Please refer to this article that describes how to include the Run-Time Engine into the Application Builder's Installer. 

Huntington W
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

***Don't forget to give Kudos and Accepted as Solution where it is deserved***
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,697 Views)

There is no create installer option for Linux and I understood the question to how to include the runtime with the exe created when you do a build.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,688 Views)

Yes I realize that there is no intaller option for linux. I was wondering if there was a way to include the required run time dependency when a build is created.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,680 Views)

You can see this Idea Exchange thread.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,675 Views)