LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of help by the end of today 5/6/11 please

When using the report generation toolkit to log data into excel I am having trouble finding a function that will create a file based off a string that will contain the desired name of the file. Each time the program is ran this string will contain a new file name or an existing one. If the file name exists, the file will be opened and the data will be added, if the file name doesn't exist a file be created and named according to the string. I would appreciate any help or examples.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,005 Views)

There is no function in toolkit (or LabVIEW for that matter) to do that. You have to do this yourself. You can create the full path to the file using the File I/O functions (Build Path, Strip Path) and the String functions (such as Format Into String). Then you can use the Check if File or Folder Exists VI to see if ... the file or folder exists. If not, you can use the Open/Create/Replace function.

Fairly straightforward, and there have been plenty of examples posted in this forum already. Please do a search if you have troubly coming up with something yourself. If you have further problems post back what you came up with.

No promises on when you'll get a response. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,998 Views)