From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Place Element Structure, 2D array, multiple channels

Solved!
Go to solution

I do simultaneous data acquisition on four channels and I need to store the acquired data into a 16x16 large 2D array. To save memory I decided to use the In Place Element structure, I extended it with four Index Array functions however I am struggling with what I can put on the right hand side of the structure.

It is clear that I wire the 2D array to all the Index Array functions, the row and column addresses are constantly changing and that I have to use shift registers. But how do I tell the LabVIEW that I want to modify the same array on multiple channels and not modifying 4 different arrays?

VI is attached.

Thanks,

Krivan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,630 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author krivan

In place modifies just that, in the same memory place. The same array you send in is what you'll get out, modified, even at the same memory addresses.

Is the 16x16 meant to hold all 4 channels, or one for each? In the former you can just expand the index array to 4 inputs and you'll get 1 output to put to your shift register.

In the latter you'll need 4 arrays, either as 4 individual arrays, add a 3rd dimension for array or make a array of clusters (one for each channel) containing this small 16x16 array.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 2 of 3
(3,625 Views)

Thanks, the first one was the solution. I expanded the Index Array function, wired the respective analog input channels to the right side of the In Place and now hopefully it will substitute the initial zeros with the measurement results on the fly...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,619 Views)