LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import ascii file into Simulate Arb. Signal

Hi,

I would like to import some data I have in ASCII format into the Simulate Arb. Signal VI. This seems to only take the lvm format (ASCII with some header). How can I do this (I dont have signal express, and really think the $3000 I paid for LabView Full should cover this).

Regards,

Casper
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,423 Views)

I'd say there are at least 2 ways you could go about doing this.

1.  Take a look at what the format is of an LVM file.  Edit a copy of the file to create your own header and structure the data to match and call it an LVM file.

2.  Use file I/O functions to read in your data to an array and use the Build waveform VI to convert the array to a waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,412 Views)
The LVM file format predates SignalExpress and has been a native file output type since LabVIEW 7.0.  It was introduced for the Express VIs.  You can convert your file to an LVM by reading it using the spreadsheet read VI, then saving it using the Write to Measurement File Express VI.  You can read it in using the Read from Measurement File Express VI, as well.  Select the Text, and Read Generic Text Files options.  If you want to modify your file manually so it is an LVM file, you can find the format specification here.

If you need more help, let us know.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,400 Views)