LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import XML XNET Install

So I have an application that uses XNET.  In my development machine I have have setup the database editor to have all the signals I want, and my software references the aliases and clusters by name and every thing works great.

My question is when I am ready to build this application into an installer, what is the easiest way to have my database XML file go along with the installer, and be imported during the install?

One way I've thought is to include it as an Always Include File, and then when the application runs the first thing it does is import the XML file using the database API tools.  Is this the best way?  When you have an NCE file from some DAQmx environment you can include the NCE in an installer, and have it automatically import after the install of the software.  I've never used this feature but assume it works just fine, and a similar tool for XNET would be nice.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,203 Views)

I am not familiar with any XNET utility that mirrors the NCE file install with DAQmx. I would recommend your suggestion of placing the XML file in the 'Always Included' files section of the installer and import the XML file upon the first run of the application. I will look into any other possible solutions and relay them to you as they come up.

dK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,158 Views)

@Dan_the_Man wrote:

I am not familiar with any XNET utility that mirrors the NCE file install with DAQmx. I would recommend your suggestion of placing the XML file in the 'Always Included' files section of the installer and import the XML file upon the first run of the application. I will look into any other possible solutions and relay them to you as they come up.

That's what I figured.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,147 Views)