LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Solidedge into LabVIEW

Hi,

I'm trying to bring .ASM files created in Solidedge into the 3D picture control in LabVIEW. I was wondering if this is possible and if anyone has managed to do this yet?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,404 Views)

Hi Jam Hall,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. I am not aware of any direct way to import SolidEdge files into LabVIEW but I do have a suggestion. We have made a toolkit for importing SolidWorks objects into LabVIEW. It is however, currently only in Alpha release so it may potentially be buggy and restricted in the features available.

The link to download the toolkit is here, I would recommend installing it and seeing how you get on with it. 

Please let me know how you get on,

Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,372 Views)

This document talks about creating a VRML file from your CAD geometry that you have prepared in any CAD package that can export VRML. Once the VRML file is created, you can import it into LabVIEW using 3D Picture control VIs.Your other option is to use the Sensor Mapping Express VI which is present in LabVIEW 8.6 and later.

You may also find this free utility useful. The application uses a tree control and 3D picture control to help you build a 3D object that has joints which can move or rotate. It uses parent-child relations between elements - meaning if a tranlsation or rotaion is applied to a parent object, all the child objects connected will automatically have the same translation or rotation applied. Front panel joint controls are available for manually manipulating joints. These joint controls could also be linked to a secondary program for programatic path simulations.

Robotics Simulation Utility using 3D Picture Control 

Message 3 of 3
(3,291 Views)