LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing a curved motion using LabView

Hello all, 

I am learning LabView and want to implement a .vi for our FRC robot to make a curved motion. We are able to calculate the distance to our target but want to approach it within a curved movement rather than a straight line.  

Attached image explains what we need to achieve. Any help or guidance would be highly appreciated.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Curved-path-to-reach-the-marker_fig11_275229789

Thank you.

Jimit

High School Student.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,102 Views)

1) Specify the curve (third order polynomial for example)

2) How do the curve parameters depend on the history of motion? (slope of the curve should match original direction for example)

3) What are other restrictions of the curve? (what should be final direction for example)

These should completely define the curve in ALL possible cases. 

Up to this point you do not need LabVIEW, and you have not given this information.

If you have curve equation with all parameters, making it is usually trivial.

To me this is not a LabVIEW question.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,057 Views)

We need to have the robot have the target in sight of the camera the entire time and we need to end up facing the target at a parallel angle. We know the angle of the robot and distance from the target. I just need help with the math involved to get the curve motion based on the image and with what the notations mean from an implementation perspective on a tank drive robot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,050 Views)

You might get more help if you post this to Chief Delphi. These guys can be a little rough on new people at times. I am not sure that they saw that you are a high school student. Here is the link to Chief Delphi. There are a lot of people there that will help. I am sure they will point you in the right direction.

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/c/technical/ni-labview

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,030 Views)