cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing RTSI using Signal Express

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm interested in synchronizing the analog signal recording (start time, sample acquisition, stop time) of 3 PCI-6289 cards, and possibly syncing them with 3 to 5 more PXI-6221 cards, which are connected to the same host PC via a PCIe-8361 to PXI-8360 interface.  For the moment, I'll concentrate on the 3 PCI-6289 cards.  I have used an RTSI cable with VI Logger, no longer supported, and assumed that it would work well with Signal Express.  I set up a NI-RTSI Cable device in Measurement & Automation, which includes the 3 PCI cards.  The 3 PCI cards are the only devices connected to the RTSI cable.  When checking the properties of the RTSI Cable device, I have left all of the boxes unchecked, which I believe is the proper setting for my application.  In Signal Express, when adding a device to the left hand panel to acquire data (analog voltage signals), I still see each individual card (Dev1, Dev2, Dev3, etc), but there is no RTSI device.  If I look into the advanced Timing features of each of the three DAQAcquire panels, I can apparently use one card as the master clock, and the other two cards will take timing signals from the master card (is this automatically via the RTSI cable, or will I need to make external connections from clock out on the master card to clock in on the slave cards?) but again, there is no mention of the RTSI cable, or the RTSI device setup in MAX.  Using the clock from one card in a master/slave situation helps, but will it start and stop all three cards simultaneously, or will any apparent synchronization between the cards simply be a coincidence? 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

regards,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,077 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrianK
You really need to post your question to the SignalExpress board. Few here use it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,076 Views)