LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing API function with HWND

Hello,

I have a camera with a dll with a function to start the camera. The following is copied from the header file... 

#define TCAM_EVENT_EXPOSURE      0x0001    /* exposure time changed */
#define TCAM_EVENT_TEMPTINT      0x0002    /* white balance changed, Temp/Tint mode */
#define TCAM_EVENT_CHROME        0x0003    /* reversed, do not use it */
#define TCAM_EVENT_IMAGE         0x0004    /* live image arrived, use Tcam_PullImage to get this image */
#define TCAM_EVENT_STILLIMAGE    0x0005    /* snap (still) frame arrived, use Tcam_PullStillImage to get this frame */
#define TCAM_EVENT_WBGAIN        0x0006    /* white balance changed, RGB Gain mode */
#define TCAM_EVENT_ERROR         0x0080    /* generic error */
#define TCAM_EVENT_DISCONNECTED  0x0081    /* camera disconnected */
#define TCAM_EVENT_TIMEOUT       0x0082    /* timeout error */

#ifdef _WIN32
tcam_ports(HRESULT)      Tcam_StartPullModeWithWndMsg(HTCam h, HWND hWnd, UINT nMsg);
#endif

Would the attached png be a proper implementation of this function in LV?
I'm lost at the 'HWND hWnd' parameter.
HTCam h is the identifier of the camera (it works in other functions).
UINT nMsg would identify one of the 9 messages (I believe). 

LV_API.png

Thanks!

Mohit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,335 Views)

Per https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa383751(v=vs.85).aspx:

HWND is a Windows type for a handle to a window. It's declared with

typedef HANDLE HWND;

so it's the same thing as type HANDLE, which is a handle to an object; it's declared with

typedef PVOID HANDLE;

so it's the same thing as a PVOID, which is a pointer to any type, declared with

typedef void *PVOID;

So a HWND is essentially a pointer. Whether it's 32- or 64-bit depends on the flavor of Windows that you're using. The documentation for your API should give more details on what window's handle you'd pass into this function.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,316 Views)