From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image processing

Hello to all,

I`m new to LabView and LabView FPGA. I need to do some programing for the University. I have to write a LabView program that will process the Images in real time. I`m learning to use LabView and nobody here can help me. Insofar i was able to create a simple .vi that asks me to select an Image from where to read and then asks me to select where to save the "new" Image. Everything this .vi do is load my .tif picture and save it to a .jpg or .bmp etc. formats. I would like to ask you for some help from now on. I need to build some kind of filter may be, that could process the Pictures for real and save just the important information. Those are PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry) pics and they are Black & White 8-bit or 14-bit, i thought that LabView can scan for the different pixels on the pictures (Intensity) and then create an Image where all the particles are white and everything else is black, just the right positions of the particles is important.  

Thank you all for your Help!

P.S I saw such tolls in LabView, i just can`t use the very good yet.   

P.S 2 I forgot to write the big objective, i need to make the Images much smaller, let`s say 10 or 20 times smaller, it could be optimal if there is a possibility to grab the picture, process it and then just save a text file or ASCII with the coordinates of the particles. At the end of this assignment the processing should be done by a PCIe-1473R FPGA Frame grabber.

I`m also uploading the original .tif pic and the .j2k (is also processed with GIMP2 just to show what is important ).

I can`t upload a .tif file, sorry!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,364 Views)

If you have access to the Vision Development Module, there is a shipping example that looks like it does what you're requesting.

http://www.ni.com/example/30629/en/

Drew

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,341 Views)

Thank you Drew,

the example helped me a little bit, to understand how  the things are done with labview, i was able to use the simple "Threshold filter" and i can see the particles on the display, but they are not recognized as such from the program. I would be very gratefull if someone could help me to integrate some kind of  search filter for the particles using for example "IMAQ count objects" or something like this, or even tell me if it is possible. I will upload my modification of the example and i will mark the place where i think it would be possible to put the Count objects.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,303 Views)